what is it?
IHMS's office and industrial trainings and workshops are designed to reduce the risk of ergonomic and other soft tissue musculoskeletal injuries, and can be designed specifically for those employees who work in an office or industrial setting. The workshops teach safe work behavior and body mechanics through actual practice of the techniques being communicated. We also teach appropriate stretching and strengthening exercises that can be performed on the job.
Emphasis will be placed on motivating employees to accept responsibility for the set-up of their workstations and the care of their bodies. They will be taught the misconception of “ergonomic equipment” as the primary solution for aches and pains. Workers are encouraged to regard themselves as industrial athletes who must have a body that is fit for the job and that resists fatigue day after day, year after year. This is a positive, dynamic, interactive, and educational experience for all participants.
Participants should be better able to:
- Understand their role in injury prevention
- Understand how the body works
- Understand how fatigue and poor biomechanics lead to injury
- Be able to set up a safe ergonomic workstation
- Demonstrate proper work body mechanics and stretching techniques
- Understand that “ergonomic equipment” is only a minor part of the injury management solution
what are the options?
- 1 hour: This training/workshop is a "how-to" orientation on setting up your workspace properly*
- 1.5 hours: This training/workshop allows time to cover material, includes training in work exercises, and time for questions*
- 4 hours: This supervisor/safety committee training includes 2 hours for learning the concepts and 2 hours to practice what is learned and make efficient changes to workspaces*
- All-day and/or multi-day trainings are also available and can be customized to your request
*All trainings/workshops are customized to the customer's request.
what are some common topics?
- Prep & Recovery: Job-specific exercise done in the work area
- Office Ergonomics: Proper set-up and postures
- Ergonomic Basics: Covers basic ergonomic principles and “personal” ergonomic responsibilities
- Safety/Ergonomic Team Training
- Supervisor Ergonomic Training
- Manager Ergonomic Training
- Ergonomics & The Aging Workforce
- Back Injury Prevention Training
- Upper Extremity Injury Prevention Training
- Lower Extremity Injury Prevention Training (includes shoe selection)
- Stress Prevention Strategies
- Mini-Lectures: Cover any ergonomic, wellness, or injury prevention topic you request
*All training is tailored to your request and includes employee participation.