What is it?
Education of employees on safe work practices is a service tool that allows an employer to help employees understand and prevent potential ergonomic and musculoskeletal problems before they impact productivity and worker comfort and health. Our programs are tailored to your request and current needs.
Training topics can include:
- Prep & Recovery - Job-specific exercise done in the work area
- Office Ergonomics - Proper set up and postures
- Ergonomic Basics - Covers basic ergonomic principles and “personal” ergonomic responsibilities
- Safety/Ergonomic Team Training - Tailored to your industry and your team
- Supervisor Ergonomic Training
- Manager Ergonomic Training
- Ergonomics and the Aging Workforce
- Back Injury Prevention Training
- Upper Extremity Injury Prevention Training
- Lower Extremity Injury Prevention Training (includes shoe selection)
- Stress Prevention Strategies
- Mini Lectures on any ergonomic, wellness, or injury prevention topic you request
*All training is tailored to your request and includes employee participation.
PHILOSOPHY OF OUR SERVICES:
Injury & Health Management Solutions, Inc. (IHMS) restores and promotes efficient movement and function, which leads to improved productivity, health, and a better life. We believe that teaching a person how their body works, how to move and work efficiently, and how to restore overall health, is the best way to prevent injuries and provide cost savings. We are known by local workers as “The Body Mechanics.” We are able to quickly evaluate and treat soft tissue discomforts before they become a lost time injury.
“THE BODY MECHANICS” are Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Athletic Trainers registered in Vermont, New Hampshire, and New York, who have strong manual therapy expertise and ergonomic certification. We are experienced industrial clinicians which means we understand workers and can provide services with minimal disruption to the work cycle. We bring our expertise to you! “THE BODY MECHANICS” are physical therapists and athletic trainers registered in Vermont who have strong manual therapy expertise and ergonomic certification. We are experienced industrial clinicians, which means we understand workers and can provide services with minimal disruption to the work cycle. We bring our expertise to you.
“Restoration and Education of Efficient Movement, Function, Productivity, Health and Life.”
“We believe injuries can be prevented.”
Injury and Health Management Solutions, Inc. (IHMS) is a consulting company specializing in work injury management. The specialized staff is made up of registered physical and occupational therapists with over 30 years of experience in physical and occupational therapy, with specialization in industrial rehabilitation, orthopedics, and manual therapy. We are well recognized as experts in our field.