IHMS Welcomes Newest Member of Team
We would like to INTRODUCE our newest IHMS team member!
Everyone...meet Paul Valgoi!
Paul is a recent graduate from the University of Vermont's Athletic Training degree program and we're excited to have him on board!
Did you know?
- Paul became interested in becoming an AT following his personal recovery from a football injury where he broke his right clavicle and had to have surgery! (He has a plate in his shoulder + ten screws!)
- While at UVM, Paul interned at the Essex High School (where he met Seth and Travis); worked with St. Michael’s Lacrosse teams, UVM’s Olympians, Colchester High School, and UVM's club sports teams – rugby, football and field hockey.
- Paul went to a special high school – Burlington Tech Center where he began taking sports/medical-related classes – this was a springboard for college and his studies as an AT.
- Paul was born and raised in South Burlington, but has dual citizenship – Swiss & US!
- Fun for Paul means doing anything outside – During the warmer months he enjoys water activities like: fishing, kayaking and hanging out on the beach; and in the cold months, he enjoys: skiing and snow shoeing.
Other random facts:
- Paul recently started fly fishing
- He has a cat named Annie
- His favorite color is blue (like a baby blue similar to North Carolina's team color)
- He has a sweet tooth – loves chocolate
- He likes to travel – having recently visited Maine; but has also traveled throughout the US visiting National Parks and western states.
Why IHMS? According to Paul, he:
- Likes people
- Heard good things about IHMS while interning
- He wanted to stay local and have weekends off
- He wanted to learn a new set of skills
We're certainly glad he's chosen to be part of the team at IHMS, and look forward to working with Paul!